The Way of Yoga
- Please arrive at class a few minutes early.
- Refrain from eating 1 to 2 hours before practice.
- Let your teacher know about any injury or health problem that will affect your yoga practice.
- Yoga is practiced barefooted; wearing comfortable clothing that moves with the body.
- Please do not wear scents to class. Many people are sensitive.
- Observe silence while in the yoga room.
- Please do not bring cell phones or pagers into class.
- If you have to leave early, please take Savasana to complete your practice and exit before the rest of the class takes Savasana so as not to disturb other students.
- Although we provide yoga mats and clean them frequently - for hygienic reasons, it is best to have your own mat. Also, if you are perspiration prone, please bring a large towel (towels are especially needed in Ashtanga and Vinyasa classes).
- Respect the limits of your body, do not push, compare or compete. Yoga is a practice of letting go, being where you are and self acceptance.
- Enjoy and have fun!
Your Online Account
Center for Yoga Online Store and Scheduler, allows you to purchase class packages and gift certificates or even view and edit your account.
Please follow the below steps to setup your account:
1) Click on the "schedule" link in the toolbar above to access our online service via the class schedule page
2) Click on your studio of choice
3) Then click schedule again and you will be routed to the CFY Online Store and Scheduler
Returning Users - Simply login at the upper right of the schedule page with your username and password
New Users - Click on "sign-up" at the upper right of the schedule page and follow the prompts to create your online account
The 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Yama (Restraints or Abstinence)
- Niyama (Observances or Disciplines)
- Asana (Yogic Postures)
- Pranayama (Breath Control)
- Pratyahara (Reaction of the Senses)
- Dharana (Fixation of Attention)
- Dhyana (Devotion, Meditation)
- Samadhi (Fully Integrated Consciousness, Liberation)
"Please be aware that students who arrive after the class is scheduled to start will not be admitted.
We appreciate your cooperation with this matter as it promotes a peaceful and noble practice for every student.
Please let your teacher know, prior to class, if you need to leave early."