- Please arrive to class a few minutes early.
- Refrain from eating 1 to 2 hours before practice.
- Let your teacher know about any injury or health problem that will affect your yoga practice.
- Please do not wear scents to class. Many people are sensitive.
- Observe silence while in the yoga room.
- Please do not bring cell phones or pagers in class.
- If you leave early, please take Savasana to complete your practice and exit before the rest of the class takes Savasana, as not to disturb the other students
- Although we provide yoga mats and clean them frequently - for hygienic reasons, it is best to have your own mat. Also, if you are perspiration-prone, please bring a large towel (towels are especially needed in Ashtanga and Vinyasa classes).
- Respect the limits of your body, do not push, compare or compete. Yoga is a practice of letting go, being where you are, and self-acceptance
Enjoy and have fun!
The 8 Limbs of Yoga
- Yama (Restraints or Abstinence)
- Niyama (Observances or Disciplines or Devotion)
- Asanas (Yogic postures)
- Pranayama (Breath Control)
- Pratyahara (Retraction of the Senses)
- Dharana (Fixation of Attention)
- Dhyana (Devotion, Meditation)
- Samadhi (Fully Integrated Consciousness, Liberation)